Part I - Application Process
** Note: Application form must be filled out BEFORE any other materials can be submitted!
Required Application Materials:
- Application form
- Short responses (complete after submitting application form - applicants must respond to a series of questions [see below])
- CV/resume (PDF less than 2MB to be uploaded after submitting application form)
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all 2yr and 4yr colleges attended (Make sure all content is legible, PDF less than 2MB to be uploaded after submitting application form)
No letters of recommendation required for the MARC application!
Short Responses Prompt
Write a concise response to the following prompts. If you are applying to multiple programs, please check the 'How to Apply' section for prompts specific to each program.
1. Discuss your interest in science and the qualities you possess that will make you a good scientist. What have you done, both in and out of the classroom, that demonstrates your motivation and interest in science? Give specific, recent examples.
2. Briefly describe your research area of interest. This need not be based on research that you have done or are currently doing. We simply want to understand what areas interest you.
3. Describe how this internship program will help you reach your current educational and career aspirations. How will you contribute to our Scholar community if you are accepted?
4. Describe why you are interested in pursuing a graduate degree in a biomedical field.
OPTIONAL: We acknowledge that every student has had unique life experiences that may not be captured in the above questions. The selection committee is interested in learning more about extenuating circumstances you may have encountered throughout your journey. If you have none to write about, please write "N/A".
Part II - Interview/Selection Process
Approximately 2-3 weeks after submission deadline, students selected for interviews will be notified by email and asked to sign-up for an interview time. All communication will be via email and applicants should be sure their email address is correct and checked frequently. Though only some students will be selected for interviews, all applicants will be notified of the status of their application when interview/selection process is complete.
Part III - Post-Selection Process
To be completed after you have been selected for the program. Interns will be notified via email about all requirements shortly after accepting a position in the program.
- A 2-page research plan written by the applicant with appropriate input from the mentor and including background information for the project as well as a concise, but well defined, research project plan. The proposal should include:
- Background information about the project and research area
- A concise, but well defined, research project plan
- An email of support from your research sponsor indicating their support of your project and identifying your lab mentor
- Signed Intern Responsibility Contract
- Completed Waivers and Liability Releases for summer internship
ALL correspondence with applicants will be via email, including award decisions.